Learn what you can do to appeal to and keep tenants
Knowing how to attract tenants is a crucial part to your investment property’s success. There are upgrades you can do and actions you can take as a property owner to attract prospective tenants and keep around the quality tenants you may already have.
Continue reading to learn our top five tips on how to attract tenants to your properties.
Using technology to market your available properties is a great way to attract tenants. It’s important to include property information, such as floor plans for your available properties on a high-quality, mobile-friendly website. 71% of renters said that they were more willing to look at a property if they liked the floor plan online. 
It’s important that renters, property owners, and property managers have a reliable way to communicate with each other. Online tools do this very well and are valuable for not only tenants, but owners and managers as well. Some technology to consider for your property include:
- Online payments. Paying rent online allows tenants to pay from anywhere at any time. Also, online payments offer an easy and convenient way for tenants and owners to have a record of past payments.
- Messaging. On average, it takes people 90 minutes to reply to an email, but only 90 seconds to reply to a text.  Online messages are an effective and efficient way to communicate with tenants. This is also a great way for tenants to receive any important announcement in a timely manner.
- Online maintenance requests. Timely maintenance and repairs are incredibly important to tenants. An online portal where they can make requests quickly and check the status will help to keep your renters happy long term and attract new ones.
- Real time vacancy. Accurate, online vacancy posts will provide potential tenants with accurate, up-to-date information about your available properties.
Focus on upgrades
Outdated appliances will turn away renters because they usually are not as efficient and will require more repairs.
Newer, more updated appliances not only benefit renters, but your maintenance team will spend less time fixing or replacing these appliances, allowing them to focus on other, more urgent repairs.
Top 4 value-add smart apartment technology devices
Enhance curb appeal
It’s important that your property makes a great first impression because that will draw in potential tenants. The outside of your property is the first thing renters will see, so it’s a good idea to improve its curb appeal by:
- Removing any trash or debris
- Upkeeping the landscaping
- Repairing any paint chips, torn screens, or broken items
- Pressure washing driveways and sidewalks
- Designating an inconspicuous area for trash drop off
Know your competition
Look at similar properties in your area to see what your competition is doing. Some of these properties in your area may focus on one aspect about their property, such as a newly renovated kitchen. If your property does not have that, it’s a good idea to find your property’s own unique selling point, such as the view from the balcony or size of the rooms.
Every property has something unique that can appeal to renters. Make sure you know how to display your property in the best way possible.
Partner with a quality property management company
The right partner in property management can attract renters because they know how to market a rental property, professionally maintain it, and handle requests in a timely manner, keeping tenants happy.
Property managers also give value to property owners by taking over many of the responsibilities that come with owning a property, allowing you to focus on what’s most important—your investment and your time.
What responsibilities to outsource as a property owner
Looking for a property management company in Orlando?
Rental Heroes is an experienced and reliable property management company that will maximize your property’s value and help you manage the many responsibilities that come with owning a property.
Our local knowledge helps us to proudly manage hundreds of units across Central Florida, and we’re committed to doing everything to keep your tenants happy by handling maintenance requests quickly and responding to potential tenant issues.
Our complete property management services include:
- Marketing your property
- Property showings
- Tenant screening
- Property leasing
- Property maintenance & repair
- Rent collection & remittance
- Detailed property inspections
- Tenant evictions
- Monthly financial statements
- Investor advice
Ready to learn more?
Contact us today!
1: Zillow | Zillow Rentals Consumer Housing Trends Report 2021
2: HubSpot | 9 Amazing Mobile Marketing Statistics Every Marketer Should Know